Kanye West Talks About Jay Z & Beyonce Skipping His Wedding In GQ Magazine


This past weekend, GQ revealed the cover for its August 2014 issue with Superstar rapper Kanye West. In the issue, Ye talks about everything from marrying Kim Kardashian to speaking on music. He also reveals on how felt about Jay Z and Beyonce not attending his wedding, which he states:
"All that, I wouldn't even speak on. It doesn't even matter to me whatsoever, who would show up. Because the most important person to show up there, to me, was Kim. And that's all that matters to me. I had to fight for that for seven years. But the fact that these other people showed up that are from such different worlds but have done such dynamic things--they're all, in a way, equal to what Kim has done in TV or what I had done in music. I was so moved that I just wanted people to stop and think they weren't sitting at a table full of fashion people, they weren't sitting at a table full of celebrities, they weren't sitting at a table full of movie directors. It really was a representation of the way we receive information today, post-internet. And so Page Six can't overshadow the main point. Carine Roitfeld was sitting next to Kim Kardashian. That alone to me is like the same moment when I brought Mos Def to the studio with Jay Z. It's about the people, and the fact that they're from different walks of life, and that they're working together and not discriminating against each other. There was a class system, and now there's a creative class system, and I think that's what you were talking about a bit--the class system of creativity."
Kanye also goes on to comparing himself as a blowfish, speaks on Yeezus one year later, and talks about new single "All Day" and his upcoming album. Check Kanye's full interview on www.GQ.com.

Comments