[Video] Big K.R.I.T. Joins Rhymefest & Lupe Fiasco For Donda's House & M.U.R.A.L. "Behind The Mic" Event


Last night, Donda's House showed peace and unity in Chicago, when they teamed with M.U.R.A.L. for another installment of their Behind The Mic series. The event took place on Chicago's Southside and it was hosted by Rhymefest and Lupe Fiasco with Big K.R.I.T. as their special invited guest.

During their discussion, at the Jacob Carruthers Center For Inner-City Studies, Fest and Lupe talked to the southern rapper about a series of things, including his upbringing and the evolution of his music. Krit also opened up about working with Blues legend B.B. King on his track "Praying Man."
"To do a song with B.B. King was not only something I never dreamed would happen but its... I kinda feel like I couldn't top that. My Grandma was the person that put me on to B.B. King. She was the first deejay I met, I would say [laughs]. It was kinda through her but even when I met him, he was so eager to tell me everything he done musically to give me advice and to do the song because the song, in itself, is called "Praying Man." And it talks about three different slaves that died and how they died and them just going to see a praying man come to relieve them of whatever oppression they dealt with. And the song wasn't meant to be a radio song. It wasn't meant to be on rhythmic, I didn't really care if people got it, I just wanted to do that kind of record with him because I know that was something not only people wouldn't expect but I know I would be able to tie what he did so many years ago... on to what I believe in and do now." 
Afterwards, Rhymefest and Lupe took to the audience to allow the crowd to ask K.R.I.T. a number of questions before leaving the building. Watch video after the jump and don't forget your comments.













Photo & Video Credit: @DERRICKNTHECITY

Comments