Nike Teams Up With Chicago Graphic Artist Mia Lee For Special Event


While fans were celebrating NBA All-star Weekend in Charlotte NC, Nike presented some big events of their own. The festivities took place at the Jordan Store in Chicago and the events ran for 5 days.

During the showcase, Nike Basketball and the Jordan Brand gave fans the chance to enjoy product demos of their latest innovation Adapt BB and the Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 before it hits retail. Nike also gave fans a special customization experience, which were designed and created by Mia Lee. 

Mia Lee is an animator from Chicago and she's known for incorporating art with her witty signature cartoons, winding animations and pop art to depict themes of love, lust, the afterlife, as she puts it.

We caught up Mia Lee, during the event, and she shared with us how she felt teaming up with Nike:

"It's surreal. It's still very fresh so I'm still not even really able to find the right words to match how I feel about it all yet. But what I can say is that I'm forever grateful and extremely appreciative that I was allowed to remain true to my style. I wasn't given a bunch of demands and rules, instead I was given the space to create organically and as an artist, that's all I ever really ask for."

The Chicago artist also shared with us what she thinks the Nike collaboration will do for her brand:

"The plan is to keep doing what I've been doing and maintain my grind. Also to keep growing as an artist and work to develop big ideas so that my brand can continue to be a reflection of that since more and more people are beginning to notice. I still expect for doors to open and close but I'm fully prepared for when that happens."

Well, we want to thank you (Mia) for talking with us and we're sure you're heading for more bigger things to come.

Meanwhile, you can find out more details about Mia on her website HOTFUNMIA or you can catch her on Instagram under @hotfunmia. Also, don't forget to check out some of Mia Lee's work below.










Comments